Phoenix Guild

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to the Phoenix Guild!!
Please download and install GSC at www.getgsc.com we will be using this for communication. Check the GSC Program forum for setup guide!

GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!)

Poll

Was this guide helpful?

[ 1 ]
    GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!) I_vote_lcap100%GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!) I_vote_rcap [100%] 
    [ 0 ]
    GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!) I_vote_lcap0%GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!) I_vote_rcap [0%] 

Total Votes: 1
    Sylhiri
    Sylhiri
    Admin

GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!) Empty GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!)

Post by Sylhiri Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:34 pm

What is GSC?

GSC is a gaming application for Windows and Mac (coming soon) that provides instant messaging, game statistics, tracking, profiles, and voice servers for free.

http://www.getgsc.com/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#What_is_a_voice_server.3F

-Hooking-

GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!) Izupvp

If your getting the Hack Detected message in any of your games while using GSC that means that it's instant messaging service is "hooking" into the game. This means in order for the message to appear in the game while the game is running it goes through the games files and puts something extra in there to display the message (i'm not going to get technical) and the anti-hack freaks out saying "what the hell are you doing to meh FILES, get out" and closes the game to prevent you from doing anything with the files.

GSC Guide - What is GSC/Hooking (Read First!!!!) Dan_tour2_page4_ingame_chat

THIS ONLY MEANS THAT GSC IS ATTEMPTING TO USE IT'S OWN IN-GAME MESSAGING AND THE ANTI-HACK SAID NO, THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR HACKING OR GOING TO GET BANNED, YOU ARE NOT GOING TO GET BANNED FROM GSC. MANY PEOPLE USE THIS PROGRAM IN MANY MANY DIFFERENT GAMES.

Now, some people went to popular game companies and asked to allow GSC to display in-game. Korean games are more strict and will usually say no if a GM asks for you.

Phoenix does not use in-game messaging, we use voice chat in game. If we want to use chat you can ALT+TAB to cycle through programs or use window mode. We are not trying to hack you, had complaints about this and it is retarded.

Ventrilo does not get the hack detected because it just uses the voice chat, it does not use in-game messaging.

X-Fire works like GSC in many ways. I have seen X-Fire get the hack detected warning before in a Warrock (shooter), Flyff and Luna Online.

If you're getting this message some sort of process is interfering with HS and possibly hooking onto WR. As of late, X-fire has been causing players to receive this message so if you are one who runs X-fire while playing it is recommended that you try completely closing out of it and re-entering the game. In addition to that fill out the information requested in the pinned topic here.

I was freaked out about GSC in my shooter game when I first saw it, but my fellow clan mates explained as I am doing. There is a guide in these forums that say how to turn off GSC's in-game chat.

Here is the Guide :
    https://phoenix.bosnianforum.com/luna-guides-f3/gsc-guide-how-not-to-get-kicked-by-gameguard-and-others-t29.htm

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:55 pm